Friday, January 3, 2014

Starting the Year Off Organized

Yesterday I bought a binder. No biggie - the semester starts soon - it's for a class, right? Nope. It's going to be my planning binder. I love my planner (last year I even had two!). But, the pre-made store-bought ones just aren't organized how I need/want them.

What I hope to put in my binder:

  • Money 
    • Typed out budget
    • Table with places for: Planned budget amount in each category, actual spending in each category, and the difference. 
    • Calendar with dates for bills to pay
  • Cleaning Schedule
    • Just a typed out schedule of what I expect from myself for each day/week as far as cleaning/decluttering
  • Cooking!
    • Menu Planning 
    • Shopping List 
      • I just got the App MealBoard, and I'm excited to try using it as an inventory of my pantry,
  • Planner
    • Weekly
    • Monthly
  • To Do
    • Two pages dedicated to "Do Now" and "Do Later" Post it notes!
I'll upload pictures after I have it all printed off, but I want this to be something tailored to me - so it will be ever changing as the year goes on and I realize what works best! Eventually, I'll probably divide these sections into multiple binders, but for now - as a college student - I like having it all in one place.


ETA: Not sure why the pictures are sideways...
My To- Do List with more important things on one side. The Post-its can then be moved so that I can focus on the other things

Upside down - but my budget categories. To be filled in when I figure it out

A Place to record what I spend in each category. The Balance column will become useful when I have a set budget for each section.

Upside down- My Recurring expenses that have specific dates to be paid. As you can see, some are bi monthly, so I just crossed of those dates. 


Next Section - Meal Planning! Just a simple calendar for me to write what I have planned. I then make my shopping list based off of what I have and what I need for those things. (The MealBoard app has been fantastic!)

And my cleaning schedule - because I like to have things written down, even if they're things I already do...
After this I have a work-out plan for myself that includes Abs, Legs, and Arms.. I'll post about that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment