Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fitness - Day 1 - take two...

Right, so I'm just starting over fresh at "Day 1." Yes, those other days counted, and yes I still was aware of what I ate and everything... but I took four days off. SO, starting over seems right..

Eating:
Breakfast: Coffee, Scrambled Eggs, Bagel w/butter
Snacks: peanut butter chocolate chip granola bar, fruit snacks, animal crackers, 2 peanut butter cup cookies, more coffee...
Dinner: A ground beef dish that my family makes that usually gets me about four servings. Tonight I had it over some pasta.
Water: I didn't really track my water today... for sure like 1.5 of my large bottle (eventually I'll get around to measuring how much it holds...)
*Note: On Monday's I don't have time for Lunch (hence the snacking)

Exercise:
Arms: Arm Circles, Push ups, Tricep Dips. Not too bad today since I wasn't really sore from anything. Tricep dips are still really tough after about ten.
Legs: Hamstring curl. I'm not really sure I felt this one... although looking back now, I didn't do the "hold 30s in between each set" bit that I was supposed to, so maybe that'd make a difference.
Abs: I did some crunches in a frog/butterfly position with my legs. They're supposed to target my lower abs (what I struggle with). I didn't necessarily "feel the burn" during the work out, but I could feel myself using those more specifically and I didn't feel the burn in my upper abs - meaning I wasn't working them as much (I usually rely on my upper abs). I also was more successful in engaging my lower core throughout my ballet class, which I like to think is due to this exercise!
Other: I had ballet today. Like I said above I was able to engage my lower core more often throughout the class! In general I felt I had a good class.. figured some good things out and was able to work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment