Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fitness Routine - Day 1

Day 1 of my Trial-and-Error fitness routine!
I'm posting these so I stay accountable for my actions and so that hopefully others can learn from my experience!

Eating
Today was the first day of the semester but I used my meal planning to make sure I ate all my meals!

Breakfast: Coffee, Multi Grain Cheerios Dark Chocolate Crunch, Bagel w/butter
Lunch: Salami sandwich on 12 grain bread, Banana Yoplait Light yogurt, baby carrots, Diet Coke
Snacks: Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits (after lunch), one Hershey's Kiss and one Reeses Peanut Butter Cup (the small kind from my stocking)
Dinner: Chicken breast seasoned with sea salt, ground pepper and dried basil, green beans, and a rice medly, Milk
*My dinner is enough for two meals, so I put half of it away for lunch later in the week.

H20: At least 2 large bottles so far (at 8:45 pm)
I've found that whenever I feel the "bored hunger" coming on, if I just pick up my water bottle and drink some of that I either get distracted or don't feel as hungry!

Exercising
It actually wasn't that hard for me to get out of bed and start doing push ups! I felt more awake in my shower than I usually do and I didn't feel as tired throughout the day!

Overall the exercises for today got me feeling a worked, but I didn't feel like I had run a marathon. Which is what I want. I have my technique courses in the mornings, so I don't want to wear myself out before them. But I do want to give my body something extra each day.

I really enjoyed the hamstring exercise I did today - this is the pin

No comments:

Post a Comment